Parts

2A9E8C7E-7D2F-4207-859E-1CA9662F6006

she is little
silenced, still hurting, she bore witness and survived
she’s a child who grew too fast and never gained all her tools in time
she watches them all as she tries to heal

she is unseen
insecure, unsure, doesn’t trust much
she believes her worth is conditional and strives to help, to please, to appease, to ease
she sits with little

she is machine
quick thinking, silver tongued, force to be reckoned with
successful, efficient, she cuts through the crap and achieves it all
she shuts up little

she is warrior
fights for what’s right and knows what’s wrong
she stands up, speaks out, her strength is a shield
she protects little

she is protector
quick as lightening, dons her armour and hunkers down
she shuts off, shuts out, shuts down
she hides little

she is joker
quick witted, dry humoured banterer
she loves a play on words and sheds tears of laughter
she masks little

she is adventurer
thrill seeker, risk taker, adrenaline chaser
she’ll travel the wilderness just to feel alive
she feeds little

she is mother
cuddly caretaker, nurturer and champion
she parents without being parented and knows exactly what not to do
she forgets little

she is submissive
finds peace in her strength and strength in her vulnerability
she strives to do better, be better, and let it all go for him and herself
she holds space for little

she is masochist
pain slut, limit pusher, receiver and sadist feeder
she’s an alchemist who weaves pleasure through pain
she frees little

she is pet
snuggler, nuzzling care seeker, cute and small
she finds peace in his lap as he strokes her collar
she lays with little

she is toy
passionate play thing, his to own
she does as she’s told and is ignited by his touch, his breath, his words
she plays with little

these parts
she is me

11 thoughts on “Parts

1. missy July 1, 2018 / 10:42 pm

I love the self knowledge and self awareness that shows through this 🙂

• kisungura July 1, 2018 / 11:37 pm

Thank you missy, there’s a fascinating model called Internal Family Systems developed by Richard Schwartz PhD comprising self, managers, exiles and firefighters. It’s worth reading about if you’re interested, I want to explore it further in future writing.

• missy July 1, 2018 / 11:55 pm

It does sound interesting so I may give it a go 😊

• kisungura July 30, 2018 / 7:11 pm

I view it (me) like a Russian doll, my little is at my deepest centre, and the various other parts grew all around to hide, protect, deny, and mask her. I’m realising that she’s been neglected for a long time, by myself too. I’m learning not to do that anymore. Thank you and I’m glad you liked this.

• AC @ The Cracked Lens July 30, 2018 / 7:14 pm

Your explanation of your thoughts makes this even better. It is important to embrace all your sides, because each are a part of you. But, we are all guilty of neglecting certain aspects. Anyway, I’ll stop taking over your comments for today. Thanks for popping over, and leaving a comment, I’ve enjoyed your blog.

• kisungura July 30, 2018 / 7:19 pm

I think so too, or I’m certainly coming to realise that. And please, you’re not taking over comments. I appreciate you taking the time to do so, thank you 😊